Internews in Kenya - Writespot
The WriteSpot is a central location where all materials: print, electronic and audio visual are kept. These materials are for reading, research and reference - tools every practicing journalist can use. The facility also has pc’s connected to the internet to facilitate web content research. The role of the centre is to give journalists easy and timely access to information access to information.
We have fully equipped radio and TV recording studios, editing and sound mix facilities and WriteSpot computers are all equipped with editing software to complete entire broadcast productions.
As Internews in Kenya trains in the areas of Public Health, HIV, Family Planning, Democracy and Governance and Human Rights, you will find resources on:
- Child Survival
- Family Planning
- Reproductive Health
- HIV: Prevention, Treatment, Counseling and Testing, Male Circumcision, -Orphans and Vulnerable Children
- Gender Based Violence
- Democracy and Governance: Agenda 4 of the NARA, Constitutional and Judicial Reforms, Police Reforms, Redress of the Post election violence of 2007/2008, International Justice, Transitional Justice,
- Land and Conflict
- Human Rights
- Media Studies
- Children in the Media
- Media Reform in Kenya
Internews has formed partnerships with institutions with which we share goals and objectives.
The Media Resource Centre now called the WriteSpot is a one-stop information experience.
Read to improve your stories.
Read for the sake of reading to Write better.
Specialist trainers are on hand to discuss story ideas, help with story development and scripts.
Journalists mingle with their peers to celebrate a love for storytelling.
- To empower local media and to give people the news and information they need. WriteSpot enables research and learning, by developing, preserving and providing free, open access to its collections to staff, the Kenyan media fraternity, and non-governmental organizations.
- To acquire and manage relevant information resources and provide information services to the INTERNEWS community.
- Facilitate dissemination and presentation of knowledge.
- Provide a stimulating environment for writing and learning